Sunday, December 19, 2010

TED





I have to give thanks to my friend Forrest for introducing me to TED, a nonprofit dedicated to ideas worth spreading. Its goal is to inspire, influence, and create collaborations between all sorts of people from different walks of life. TED stands for technology, entertainment, and design. But it is oh so much more. Its encompasses other ideas too. The two videos above, are just two of the hundreds of videos available, and two of my personal favorite. TED is brilliant, it really makes you think and learn a lot from people who you normally would not be exposed too. Also, I have to commend the creators of the TED website, they have included this translation project. People translate videos into subtitles in English and other languages too. This is great for people like me, those who are hard of hearing or deaf, who other wise might not be able to enjoy the video because we wouldn't be able to comprehend what is being said. So really, hop on over to this genius organizations website, and just spend a few hours engrossed in the videos. If you don't come away learning something new, well, then we've got a problem!
Jem

No comments:

Post a Comment