Monday, April 19, 2010

Whoops!

Confession: I just bought ELLE UK at Borders today. I popped into the store for a bit seeing as I had time to kill before picking my sister up from rowing practice, thinking I would only get an American published magazine. Well, that is so not what happened. I didn't want to get a typical "U.S. publication," since I have been bored with them lately. My version of rationalization is thinking, "well... W magazine is five dollers, but, ELLE UK is only three or so dollers more." What the Hell is wrong with me? I've been doing so good with myself imposed ban of not buying anything to save up for Disney, but then I went and caved big time! Ahhh... I don't know what I'm going to do, I really hope this doesn't turn into a bad habit. Although, part of the reason why I think I might have caved and bought the April issue is because Chloe was wearing Miu Miu on the cover, plus they did the typography with the cute doggy print from Miu Miu's collection. I also really wanted to read the article about sexism, it will be interesting to see what they have to say about it (I still believe that sexism never left, people just chose to ignore it). I still haven't gotten through the whole magazine, I figure it will take me a day or two to read it, seeing as I am so busy with school work, I hope it lasts me a long time though! Tell me, do you have any similar stories of caving into buying something when you're not suppose to?
Jem

1 comment:

  1. I have this Elle :]]]
    I'm awful with buying magazines!! I've bought Elle, Glamour, Cosmo and Company all within the last 2 weeks or so!! And I always get really disappointed when it gets later on in the month and I realise I already have all the latest copies of my favourite monthlies!!
    UK Company is fab this month too. Sorry!!

    charlotte
    xxx

    ReplyDelete