Friday, April 16, 2010

On The Wing


On the wing, lookin' down
I see the ground below
The clouds above
I'm not sure which way is the right way around
Do I keep my feet on the ground or my head in the sky?
Who's to say, which way really is up or down?
At least for now
I'm content looking from the wing,
Up or down

This is just a little ditty which I created on the spur of the moment while looking at these pictures. The clouds, sky, and flying in airplanes tend to inspire me in general. For this little poem I was influenced by recent events in my life (mainly, the ending of one chapter of my life and the begining of another; school ending and uni life beginning), and also that blissful feeling which I get when flying. Anyways, I hope you enjoy my little peice of poetry, even if it is hardly anything edited.
Jem

1 comment:

  1. Lovely. I'm terrified of airplanes, but looking out the window and seeing immense fields of cotton and pink sunsets really does have a way of taking my mind off things.

    ReplyDelete