Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Courage

Normally I try not to write about politics on here, I don't want to offend or annoy people who aren't into the subject. Today, is a completely different story, I feel that I have to publish this blog post and image, if only to get the word out. I don't know much about the photograph and the circumstances which occured afterwords, but all I really know is this women stood up for herself and her beliefs, which takes a huge act of courage. I would love to know more about her back story, I can only imagine what occured. I love that she didn't have to resort to violence to get her point across- which is basically to say, "Fuck you and your corrupt government." I really admire this Iranian women (and all women who are fighting against injustice), she really shows it takes courage to "stand up for what is right even you stand alone."
Jem

1 comment:

  1. definitely a powerful image. i wonder what exactly was going on at the time

    ReplyDelete