Saturday, March 20, 2010

Thats So Vogue

I just bought my copy of Vogue's April issue and I must say, I think it might one of their best covers they have had in a long time. This cover with model Gisele Bundchen is on my list of the top five best covers; alongside Kirsten Dunst as Marie Antoinette, the issue with Kiera Knightly in Africa, Michelle Obama, and Cate Blanchett (Novemeber 2006). I love the whole Americana feeling which it has, yet at the same time it feels like a throwback to a different time. I think this might be because of the pale  peachy color used to outline the letters of Vogue and the shirt which Gisele is wearing.  Isn't it interesting that although this cover has a very "American" feel to it they used a Brazilian model? Any ways... I just adore this cover!
Jem

2 comments:

  1. I haven't received my copy of Vogue in the mail yet, but I really do like this cover a lot. I hope the inside will be less disappointing than many, many of the other ones I've received recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT TOO.
    GREAT POST.




    XX
    DENNI

    ReplyDelete