Sunday, March 7, 2010

Battle Of The Wits

The idea of being a witty person has always intrigued me. To be able to respond fast to a comment with intellectual humor is one which I pride in others. I do not think I am a particularly witty person although I tend to surround myself with people who are. The majority of my friends are very intellectually smart; you know at the top of the class, always doing school work, and will laugh at a science or math joke. Not that I am complaining, but I don't think I could bare to be around dull, dimwitted people. That may sound a tad cruel but really what I am trying to say is; it is easier to be friends with smart, funny people who have the same type of humor as I do then someone who doesn't understand it at all. Some of my favourite people historically have also been known to be very witty. Dorothy Parker is probably the most famous female known for her sharp tongued wit. One of my absolute favourite humorous quotes of Mrs. Parkers is, "men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses." Her dry sense of humor doesn't appeal to everyone, but I've always found her to be an interesting character. She strikes me as the type of person who you could have a really interesting conversation with (well... if she wasn't dead and all). In Dorothy Parkers day she was like her generations Tina Fey or Amy Poehler. She was the super funny women who everyone wanted to know and work with. A good sense of humor is something which I think the majority of people value in a good friend, you want someone who will keep you in stitches of laughter!
Jem

2 comments:

  1. Hi giiiirl!
    Are you fine?
    I always take a look to your blog, but any time I forget to leave comments! check out our blog there are new handbag and other news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with bit of sharp humour! LLGxx

    ReplyDelete