Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Dancer

Lula Magazine (issue 8)
If there is one thing which I miss participating in is my modern dance class. I love to leap and twirl around the dance floor but sadly I haven't set foot on the stage since I was forced to stop two years ago. For the longest time afterwords I wouldn't talk about how much I missed dancing and whenever someone brought it up, I would become upset. I still haven't given up my dancing shoes, for I hope that someday I will once again be able to dance the way I used to. Until then I shall have to settle for dancing around my house, just for my own enjoyment instead of for others. One of the most important lessons I took away from all my years of studying modern dance, is that it is important to always have fun and please yourself before you please anyone else. After all if you are not happy, then no one's happy!

Jem

1 comment: