Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Reader

I just finished Marjane Satrapi's graphic novel Persepolis: The Story of A Childhood, and all I can say is, OMG! First off let me state, I've never read a graphic novel before, I thought they were childish and only Japanese comics, boy was I wrong. Persepolis is a memoir of the authors childhood in revolutionary Iran. It is such a sweet story, you are rooting for Marjane from the first page. Some of the pages are so hilarious, they actually made me laugh out loud, which I hardly ever do when I read. I've already begun the second book, I want to know what happens next in the story. Please, please, I urge you to read this sweet little story (it will only take you a day or two, at the most), for it has heart and a good message.
Jem

No comments:

Post a Comment