Thursday, July 23, 2009

Vent

Okay I need to rant somewhere about being stressed, and I figure that my blog is a pretty darn good place to do it. Normally, I don't get very personal on here, I mean most people don't want to read about other peoples issues, when they are trying to deal with their own. I have been looking forward to the college enrollment process, and senior year experiences for sometime, but now that it is upon me; not so much! I never realized how much pressure their is to figure out what school you want to spend the next four years of your life at and what major you want to study. My head is swirling around with lots of ideas and thoughts, they wont just stick to one plan! Here's just a snippet of whats going on in my head on a daily bases; I'm going to study journalism, wait no, photography, how about journalism again, what about liberal arts, sociology is cool! I swear, its been like this for the last few months, and I have a feeling its only going to get worse. I love to take photographs, to write, and enjoy observing people and keeping up to date on whats in the news around the globe. Its just a shame that I cant combine all three into one major, then I would be a happy camper. For awhile I was so sure that I was going to be a journalist, but then I started doubting my self, then I thought that Photography would be good (much to my parents dismay), and my mom is sort of hinting that she thinks I would be best fit in majoring in Liberal Arts or Sociology. I don't know what to choose, since I could see myself studying all four majors. Now, on to the matter of colleges themselves. People put a lot of pressure on what schools you should apply to/attend, with an emphasis on schools with a "name". For instance, I was telling my Auntie M (this is from the women who attended Yale) that I was looking at a small Liberal Arts school in her state, when she scoffed at me saying "it wasn't a very good school". Of course once she said that, I haven't looked at it since, since her opinion of the school changed my opinion of the school as well. As much as I am moaning about the college application process, I wouldn't trade it for the world, since I know its my ticket out of Doge!
Jem

No comments:

Post a Comment