Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Support

Ugh, I am probably going to come off as a Michael Jackson hater, but this whole thing needs to stop. Its not that I dislike him, in fact I think that MJ really influenced the music industry. I completely understand why people adore him and want to pay their respects to him but it upsets me that all I ever see or read in the news is MJ coverage. It seems to me that everyone is forgetting that their are some more pressing news coverage, which really should be the headlines in the paper. I just have a few questions for you: how come the issues in Iran are not front page headlines anymore? What about demanding an end to ethnic violence in China? Why isn't anyone doing anything to help the people of Darfur? Does anyone realize that Aung San Suu Kyi is still under house arrest as a prisoner of conscience? Did anyone know that the U.S. House of Representatives recently voted to pass the International Violence Against Women Act (IVAWA), the bill must now be passed by the Senate in order for it to be put into law? If I offended you, I'm sorry, but people wake up and smell the coffee; theirs more to life then just watching a news report on celebrity. Go out and do something to change the world! Please support Amnesty International, which works to get equal rights for everyone, by checking out their website and signing a petition. Trust me, you could change not only your life, but someone else's as well.
Jem

No comments:

Post a Comment