Thursday, June 11, 2009

Imagination And Inspiration

"Think about a new destination
If you think you need inspiration
Roll out the map and mark it with a pin
I will follow every direction
Just lace up your shoes while I'm fetching a sleeping bag, a tent...
Another summer's passing by
All I need is somewhere I feel the grass beneath my feet
A walk on sand, a fire I can warm my hands
My joy will be complete "
I have been seeking inspiration in everything lately, I think that it is in part because I am trying to soak up the world around me. Meaning that I am just trying to be inspired, I might not understand everything but I think that it doesn't truly matter if you understand what you are looking at or learning about; it only matters that you see the beauty in it. I have also been searching for inspiration for my photo shoot on Sunday, with Mad and her sister Gracie, which has a bit of a "hippy- wanderer" feeling to it. So that means lots of "free flowing clothing", hair up in braids, and "hippy-headbands". So far I have gotten a lot of inspiration from Joni Mitchell, John Lennon and his song "Imagine", and a hippy themed photo spread which I found on the good-ol' Internet.
Jem

No comments:

Post a Comment