Wednesday, May 27, 2009

In Bloom


All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind. ~ Abraham Lincoln
Lovely quote by one of my favourite presidents, Honest Abe, and pictures by moi. I took both photographs sometime last year. I quite like the last photograph because the colours of the flowers look beautiful with the painting which is resting behind it (done by my artistic sister, its a reproduction of the famous waterlilies which she had to do for an art class).
The school year is not even over yet and I am already getting homework for next year! I have to read five books for my English classes for next year plus do several assignments which go alongside the books. I signed up for Expressive Writing (have to read On Writing by Stephen King), Public Speaking (read a book on a subject which fascinates us), Media (1984... yuck!), and AP (Martin Dressler: The Tale of an American Dreamer, as well as a free read book of our choice). I know I really shouldn't be complaining since it is summer work... but really? I suppose I also knew what I was getting into when I signed up for four English classes, but what can I say, I love English! Any suggestions about what to read for Public Speaking or AP?
Jem

No comments:

Post a Comment