Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I Capture The Castle

"Just to be in love seemed the most blissful luxury I had ever known. The thought came to me that perhaps it is the loving that counts, not the being loved in return -- that perhaps true loving can never know anything but happiness. For a moment I felt that I had discovered a great truth." ~Dodie Smith (I Capture the Castle)


Recently my friend A lent me a wonderful book, which I have not been able to stop thinking about! I just love it when you read a book which captures your heart, and you cant put it down until you know how the characters end up. Though admittedly I am always a little bit sad when I Finish a good story, it's a bit like loosing an old friend (I can't remember who said this, I paraphrased it too). The nice thing about novels is that you can always go back and visit those beloved characters once again, therefore your reminded of all those wonderful adventures that you had together. You might think that I am a babbling fool, but it can't be helped when it comes to books! My face is always buried in a book, which might be part of the reason that I'm a klutz (but that story is for another time), I am constantly reading. The book which my friend lent me was (as the title suggests) I Capture The Castle by Dodie Smith, it was the most magical book, I didn't want it to end! The protagonist is 17 year old Cassandra who tells the story, through writing in her diary. The novel is essentially a coming of age and romance story, and by far one of the best books I've ever read. I couldn't resist sharing my wonderful find, with you, in the hopes that you too might read it (trust me, you will love it)!
Jem

1 comment:

  1. that picture is soo pretty. so pretty:)

    alicexinwonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete