Sunday, February 15, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire



Today I finally got to see Slumdog Millionaire, after much waiting and anticipation. And let me just tell you it totally lives up to all the hype its getting! I went with my friend A and my mummy, after last weekend when we tried to see the movie but then we couldn't get the tickets. It was totally worth waiting for though, I think it might be one of the best movies I have ever seen. It is so well filmed, it really depicted the poverty stricken area of Mumbai accurately. I loved every moment of the film, I really connected with characters, especially Jamal (who your rooting for throughout the whole movie) and what there lives are like. The heart of the story is essentially a truly great love story. Dev Patel, who plays Jamal, was just fantastic! I am really looking foreword to seeing what Dev Patel does next and I will be rooting for him all along the way too. There are not enough words to describe the film, so please go and see it for yourself, so you can understand why it is so freakn' fantastic!
Jem
p.s. I am totally going to be supporting it at the Oscars! I hope it does extremely well.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had the chance to watch any of the nominated movies yet, but I'll add this to the list.

    ReplyDelete