Friday, January 23, 2009

missing pieces


As an avid magazine reader (just ask mad to testify how much I love them) I have recently noticed that there is a gap missing from my collection. I use the term "collection" to mean that I have a huge amount of magazines which fill drawers in my bedroom. I have always loved to read magazines, ever since I was a little girl when I got my first American Girl Mag. It wasn't until a few years ago that I began to show an interest in the high fashion magazines such as Vogue and Elle. It wasn't until the September issue of American Vogue with Kirsten Dunst on the cover as Marie Antoinette caught my attention that began my love affair with magazines. Every time I would go into Borders, I would gaze longingly at it (trust me that doesn't sound as weird it appears) but my mother wouldn't buy me a copy of it. So needless to say I ended up getting a subscription for Vogue and ever since then I have been in love with fashion. I have always loved clothes and fashion but it wasn't really until that moment that I started to see it as a way to express one's self. Sadly the issue with Kirsten Dunst never arrived at my doorstep, since I began to subscribe to late to receive it! I have always wanted a copy of the issue though, so if anyone has a really good condition of one, give me a ring! I see the issue with Kirsten as the beginning of a long discovery of not only introducing me to fashion but also journalism (I am aiming to be one day be working in the very halls of the magazine which inspires me so much). I would love to find the missing pieces of the puzzle.
Jem







No comments:

Post a Comment