Sunday, January 25, 2009

I'm just travelin', travelin', travelin', I'm just travelin' thru

The view from the Colosseum. For me this is Italy, it shows the beauty of such an amazing country. I don't know why but this might just be one of my favourite photos that I have ever taken (and I have taken alot of pics!).
Trevi Fountain at night. I took this photo and about two seconds after I snapped it this man with flowers came over and began to harass my friends and I to buy flowers from him. Needless to say we didn't and we quickly ran away from him!

This is another one of my favourite pictures from my trip, which I took when we were in the town of Assisi. I can't explain why I love this picture, it just brings back so many fond memories. I think some of my best memories involve traveling in some way, Italy is definitely quite high up on the list that's for sure.



Another picture of Assisi, this one is of the town and the church in Assisi.


The view from the Rialto bridge in Venice, it was such an amazing sight to behold. We had been wandering around Venice along the side streets when we stumbled upon the Rialto Bridge. I think it might have been the most fantastical sights I have ever set eyes upon. It seems to me that alot of people don't like Venice but I found it to be perhaps one of the most charming cities I've ever been too. Sure it might have been alittle bit watery but it wouldn't be Venice without it!




A gondolier in Venice who was passing buy our gondola. What I Like about this photo is that you can see how old the city is by the paint which is coming off the walls and the old doors which they used to use. Don't you think the water looks superbly blue? But I wouldn't want to swim in it, since Venice is known for its grimy water!

It has been almost a year since I went to Italy on holiday, and I miss it dearly. I was thinking about how much I miss Italy today;I wish I was in Assisi or Venice right now rather then being stuck at home when I am suppose to be studying for exams. We went to Roma, Florence, and Venice and made a day trip to Pompeii, Verona (Romeo, Romeo were art thou Romeo?), and Assisi. It would be lovely to be sitting in a cafe drinking a cuppa coffee (I find espresso alittle to strong for my taste) and then be able to get up and visit all the wonderful shops. I suppose for now I shall just have to comfort myself by looking at lots of photo's from my trip. Ah... wouldn't it be nice to be living la dolce vita?
Jem

No comments:

Post a Comment